Monday, November 24, 2008

Why I hate the French

There must be some sort of secret to making money. I tried to work at my local temp agency however, they have yet to call me for any job. ...Sigh... I honestly don't care how mindless the work is at this point but I just need the money.

Since everyone is away at school and I didn't have work today, I motivated myself to practice, worked on the two plays I am directing, and even download the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack.

Also Andre called me today which made me really happy! Apparently he gets to spend his days performing on a boat going back and forth between Miami and the Key West while I have to worry about passing Intro to Musical Styles. Oh well, I am really happy for him!

Anyway, I was practicing for this French opera that I am in and I just need to vent on how much I hate the French language. Sure it sounds great, but if you have never spoken an ounce of French in your life, it is the hardest thing to learn. I honestly don't know how a language with so many ugly syllables can sound so pretty. Oh and by the way, even though I have been receiving [pretty much] weekly help from Lauren, it doesn't always help because the French decided to make their language more deceiving by drastically changing the way it sounds when it is sung. I keep on saying it but this is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. Thankfully I am finally getting the hang of it. Yo. Fuck the French.

2 comments:

  1. Andre has a sweet job, it's too bad it can't be a cruise to France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I had to be so indecisive about my major, otherwise I could have taken diction and and actually be helpful. Sad Panda. However, I don't want to hear your whining. French is beautiful. C'est une belle langue, et je pense que tu devrais l'aimer aussi. (It's a lovely language, and I think you should like it too.)
    So there. (Yes. Really.) Love, N.C.

    ReplyDelete